Healthy Lifestyle

Goals for Healthy Lifestyle

No matter who you are depending on race, gender, age, sexual orientation, there is one thing that each of us has in common; the need to take care of ourselves. Sure, it is easy to say that you will eat healthy and workout, but often times this is easier said than done. I believe the main reason behind this is the fact that getting your health on track and incorporating a fitness regimen seems to be a lot of work, on the surface that is.

When you begin to dive deeper into the health and fitness world however, you will find that is quite easy to make a plan of attack if you will. From yoga and Pilates, to running and weightlifting, there is a never ending series of different workouts that can be adapted to fit your lifestyle.

What about dieting?

The first thought that pops into most of our minds when we hear the word diet is, yikes! I have learned through trial and error a diet does not have to be this miserable experience, void of any pleasure. While working out can help you get on track to dropping a few lbs. exercise only represents 20% of a person’s weight loss, with proper dieting making up the other 80%. Here are some simple tips and tricks to help you onto the right path:

  • Store healthy food in easy to access containers. Food items such as hardboiled eggs should be stored at the front of the fridge in an uncovered container. Research has proven that easy access will encourage healthy habits.
  • DRINK. DRINK. DRINK. A person can never drink enough water! Not only will water help flush your system, a large glass first thing in the morning can provide as much as energy as a cup of coffee.
  • Protein is your best friend. Instead of filling up on carbs make sure to eat meals made up of a decent amount of protein in order to help you feel full.
  • Eat multiple small meals throughout the day instead of starving yourself. This will provide your body with the fuel it needs to keep going, while boosting your metabolism.
  • Try protein powder with water replace meals. Slimfast and Shakeology work great to provide you with sustenance and a healthy dose of essential vitamins and minerals. The protein content will fill you up, without requiring you to eat.

What form of exercise is right for me?

As I previously mentioned, there are hundreds of thousands different types of exercise, and workout programs today. What works for you is dependent on a number of factors like your current health status, age, and schedule. The bullet points below discuss a number of different exercises, and who they might be appropriate for.

  • Yoga – Founded in Hindu culture, yoga features a serious of different postures, breathing exercises, and meditations to help you work out, gain flexibility, and relax. Yoga is great for everyone no matter the age or physical condition.
  • Pilates – This faster paced workout is a series of exercises designed to increase strength, mental awareness, posture, and flexibility. I would not recommend this to anyone that has asthma, or other breathing difficulties. It is also not for the faint of heart.
  • Core De Force – This is the most intense workout on the list. It is a 30 day program that promotes the idea of achieving a beach ready body in just a month. It features mixed martial arts aimed at ridding you of unwanted inches. This is an intense series recommended only for those that are ready to get serious.

If you are ready to take back your life while looking your physical best, then reevaluating the health and fitness aspect of your life is a great idea. With various programs and coaches willing to help get you started, there really is nothing holding you back. I guarantee if you decide to become proactive, there is nothing to be afraid of. The right workout for you is out there!